Follow Me

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Mythology sketches


A few sketches of things I'm either doing for Bawidamann's class, or myself. I've been dying to do some mythological pieces. An eastern dragon and a Quetzalcoatl so far, as well as something I made up while drawing yesterday. I've been obsessed with Medieval Plague Doctors lately so I spliced their design with a bit of the Tengu from asian mythology. I'd imagine that these creatures would travel the old silk road playing pranks on travelers and collecting lightning bugs to light their lantern. I'd like to expand that idea a bit more and play with mixing European and Asian motiffs a bit stronger.

Snakes are also really hard to design well. That quetzalcoatl sketch is the third or forth design I've attempted. I'm pretty happy with it at the moment.

One of the first Quetzal designs I tried from over the winter break is below. I just wasn't feeling it and instead of trying to beat a dead horse I just called it quits and tossed it to the junk folder.

No comments:

Post a Comment